Whale - Blue Whale Images for kids
Whale - Blue Whale Activities for kids
Whale - Blue Whale Facts & Trivia for kids
- The Blue Whale is the largest animal that ever existed.
- The tongue of the Blue Whale is as large as an elephant.
- The siren sound the Blue Whale makes is louder than a jet engine.
- A blue whales bellow can be heard at up to 1,000 miles away.
- Blue Whales have no teeth. Instead they have baleen, a flexible filter-like structure.
- The heart of a Blue Whale can weigh about 2,000 pounds.
- A baby Blue Whale weighs about as much as a full grown elephant.
- Blue Whales are larger than the largest dinosaur.
- An average adult Blue Whale is about 89 feet long, the largest ever measured was 110 feet long.
- Blue Whales feed in cold waters,then move to warmer waters to have their calves.
- An average Blue Whale weighs 200,000 to 300,000 pounds, but they can reach 420,000 pounds in weight.
- The largest concentration of Blue Whales can be found in the seas around Antarctica.
Whale - Blue Whale Links for kids