Red Panda Images for kids
Red Panda Activities for kids
Red Panda Facts & Trivia for kids
- The red panda has partially retractable claws and climbs well.
- The red panda is also called the lesser panda.
- The red panda is mainly nocturnal and solitary.
- Red pandas communicate by short whistles and squeaks.
- Red pandas eat mostly bamboo, and will also eat other plants, small animals and eggs.
- The Red Panda is more closely related to the Raccoon than bears.
- Most Red Pandas live in Nepal.
- Red Pandas like to have their homes located in temperate forests.
- The countries where Red Pandas live are: India, Nepal, China, Burma and Bhutan.
- The Red Panda was discovered 48 years earlier than the Giant Panda.
- Red pandas can live up to 14 years in a zoo, in the wild they can live for 7-8 years.
- The Mozilla web browser "Firefox" is named after the Red Panda.
- The Red Pandas claws can be pulled in (retracted) like a cats.
- Red pandas are actually classified as carnivores. They occasionally eat eggs, insects or small animals, though they mostly stay on a vegetarian diet.
- Sometimes Red Pandas will spend 13 hours a day looking for bamboo!
- Red Pandas have an extra thumb!
- Red Pandas will be more active in early morning and late afternoon.
- Red Pandas colors are used for camouflage, their red fur is the same color as moss on the trees where they live.
- The Red Panda's bushy tail helps it balance when climbing in trees.
- Red Pandas primarily live in temperate old growth forests.
- Red Pandas can stand upright on their hind two legs.
Red Panda Links for kids