Elephant Images for kids
Elephant Activities for kids
Elephant Facts & Trivia for kids
- Elephants are not afraid of mice.
- Elephants, especially the dominant female, do have good memories.
- An Elephant's truck contains over 40,000 muscles.
- A herd of Elephants is led by the dominant female.
- An Elephant's tusks are large teeth.
- It takes almost two years for an unborn elephant to grow inside it's mother.
- Elephant tusks are heavy. One tusk could weigh as much as a grown man.
- Elephants spend much of their day drinking water.
- Elephants can drink 20 gallons of water a day.
- An elephant's trunk is part nose part upper lip.
- Elephants have a fine coat of hair.
- An Elephant can eat 300 pounds of food per day.
- Elephants use their trunks for many things, such as drinking, smelling, grabbing and hugging.
- Elephants live on the continents of Africa and Asia.
- The Elephant is the only land mammal that can't jump.
- Elephants can lose their teeth and can regrow them. They grow six sets of molar teeth in their life. The sixth set of molars is their final set.
- When male elephants fight they intertwine their tusks and push each other.
- Elephants are strict vegetarians.
- The shape of an Elephants ears is the most obvious difference between Asian and African elephants.
- Male Elephants do not live with the herd. They live individually or with a small number of other males.
- Elephants are the only animals with trunks.
- Baby Elephants weigh about 250 pounds.
- Elephants spend about 16 hours a day eating.
- Elephants sleep only about 4 hours a night.
- When Elephants flap their ears, they can be expressing excitement or joy.
Elephant Links for kids